STATION TOURS & FIELD TRIPS
Station tours for individuals or families are always welcome. Come on in and check out your local fire station!
Class groups and field trips are asked to schedule in advance. Contact the office to get scheduled today!
Ride alongs are available to experience what it is we do and is encouraged for anybody who is looking to get into the fire & EMS service. Ride alongs are scheduled with the duty officer each day. If you are interested in a ride along, please contact us to confirm there is room on the day's shift. Please complete the Ride Along form and provide it to the office when you arrive.
REFLECT TO PROTECT
“Reflect to Protect” is a program that was created by the Lake County Fire Chiefs’ Association in conjunction with the Fire Safe Council. It was designed for citizens whose property/residence is not clearly marked and visible for emergency responders. If you feel your home is in danger of not being found when you dial 9-1-1, simply fill out an application and submit it to the fire station on Olympic Drive in Clearlake. The cost is $30.00 which includes the sign, all the hardware needed for the install and the install. Please make checks payable to "Lake County Fire Chiefs' Association."
Signs will be installed by Fire District personnel and are not available for purchase without installation. The sign will be installed to the standard of the Public Resources Code 4290 requirements. The sign will be permenently placed at the driveway entrance and visible from both directions of travel along the road. If this is unacceptable, please call and make an appointment to determine a mutally acceptable location.
To get started, click on the link and fill out your application today!
KNOX BOX PROGRAM
Are you a property owner thinking about installing a gate at the end of your driveway? If so, did you know that per the California Fire Code you are required to install a lock system that provides quick and easy access for emergency responders? Although not required, we also encourage those who have an existing gate in place to take advantage of the program. By your participation in this program, you are insuring that emergency responders can not only make a timely response to your residence, but they will do so without damaging your gate. In the event of an emergency, you do not want anything slowing down the response of your local Fire District!
We also encourage those who have an existing gate in place to take advantage of the program.
KNOX and your local fire distric are working hand-in-hand to offer the best in fire protection and the finest in fast and secure emergency access.
10 Reasons to Install a KNOX-BOX
- Eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your insurance deductible.
- Assure immediate building entry by firefighters and emergency medical personnel without delay or waiting for building keys.
- Protect inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage caused by delayed sprinkler shut-off.
- Satisfy local fire codes and emergency access ordinances.
- Save time and aggravation by not having to drive to your building or gate at 2:00 am for a false alarm.
- Feel secure about emergency coverage when your building is left unattended. The fire district holds the only key to the KNOX-BOX.
- Maintain building security after a fire alarm investigation by simply re-locking the undamaged door.
- Protect your property from thousands of dollars in damage with this one-time, low-cost investment.
- Depend on the highest lock box security available with attack resistant, UL tested reliability.
- Over the last 35 years, KNOX-BOX has been the chosen solution in more than 11,000 communities nationwide – communities just like yours!
Visit the KNOX website at www.knox.com to get started today!